Building and maintaining networks are among the most important skills to have as an IT professional. Whether you're new to the field or ready to move forward in your career, a CompTIA Network+ certification course could be a great next step. This certification confirms that you have the knowledge you need to configure and troubleshoot both wireless and wired hardware. You'll stand out among other job candidates when you gain the experience this online course provides and earn this valuable credential.
In the course, you'll learn the fundamentals you need to prepare for the CompTIA Network+ certification exam (N10-008) and start a career as a network technician. With its comprehensive curriculum, you'll master basic networking concepts and learn about network design, security, routing and switching, cloud computing, IPv6 and forensics, and common security practices.
This course utilizes a Network+ lab simulator so you can have the opportunity to have hands-on experience working with networking configurations and troubleshooting instances, a key component to the CompTIA Network+ N10-008 certification exam. The lab software is available to download and install on your Windows or macOS computer. These labs will improve your practical skills in configuring operating systems and network devices as well as better understand the objectives and competencies required by the CompTIA Network+ certification exam.
This course offers enrollment with or without a voucher. The voucher is prepaid access to sit for the CompTIA Network+ (N10-008) certifying exam upon eligibility.Instructor(s):
Jeff Rees has over 25 years of experience in the IT industry. Jeff's expertise covers a wide range of technical skills in the field of immersive technology, such as virtual reality, augmented reality, spatial computing, and holograms. He manages, creates, and delivers high-quality augmented and virtual reality technology experiences that enhance knowledge retention and engagement for learners.
Jeff capitalizes on his multifaceted technical knowledge with his passion for implementing immersive solutions, which has given him a proven track record of producing one-of-a-kind solutions for clients.
Jeff has previously served as a senior vice president of operations, chief technology officer, and technical director for diverse technology companies. Jeff has also taught numerous computer courses during his career. Jeff holds a bachelor's degree from DeVry University in Computer Sciences with an emphasis in Simulation Design.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- Mac users are encouraged to have access to a Windows environment on their device.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- CompTIA Network+ N10-008 Cert Guide
Please Note: You will receive a digital book if the physical book is on backorder.
- Network Architecture
- Explain network devices
- Compare network services and applications
- Install and configure DHCP, DNS, and NAT
- WAN Technologies
- Cabling and Connectors
- Network Topologies
- Network Infrastructure Implementation
- TCP/IP concepts - IPv6, IPv4
- Routing concepts and protocols
- Unified communication technologies
- Cloud and Virtualization
- Implement a basic network
- Network Operations
- Monitoring Tools
- Analyze metrics and reports from monitoring and tracking
- Configuration management
- Network segmentation
- Apply patches and updates
- Configure switches
- Configure wireless LANs
- Network Security
- Risk Management
- Network vulnerabilities and threats
- Network hardening techniques
- Physical security controls
- Configure a firewall
- Network Access Control Models
- Network troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Tools
- Troubleshooting Wireless
- Troubleshooting common copper cable issues
- Troubleshoot fiber cable issues
- Troubleshoot network issues
- Troubleshoot security issues
- Troubleshoot WAN issues
- Industry standards, practices and network theory
- OSI Model
- Network theory and concepts
- Deploy wireless standards
- Wired connectivity
- Network policies and procedures
- Configure equipment and locations
- Change management
- Ports and protocols