In today's online world, information security has become a critical part of virtually every organization—no matter the industry. The demand for information security professionals is expected to surge, as the forces of "good" and "bad" continue to battle for control and use of online information. You can join the side for "good" when you earn your Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification. Earning your CISSP is a must for cyber security professionals who want to get ahead in this important field.
This Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) course is an engaging, fully online course that provides in-depth instruction in key areas related to information/cyber security.Instructor(s):
Jeff Rees has over 25 years of experience in the IT industry. Jeff's expertise covers a wide range of technical skills in the field of immersive technology, such as virtual reality, augmented reality, spatial computing, and holograms. He manages, creates, and delivers high-quality augmented and virtual reality technology experiences that enhance knowledge retention and engagement for learners. Jeff capitalizes on his multifaceted technical knowledge with his passion for implementing immersive solutions, which has given him a proven track record of producing one-of-a-kind solutions for clients. Jeff has previously served as a senior vice president of operations, chief technology officer, and technical director for diverse technology companies. Jeff has also taught numerous computer courses during his career. Jeff holds a bachelor's degree from DeVry University in Computer Sciences with an emphasis in Simulation Design.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- Mac users are encouraged to have access to a Windows environment on their device.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- (ISC)² Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Official Study Guide
Please Note: You will receive a digital book if the physical book is on backorder.
- Security and Risk Management
- Security Governance
- Security Policies
- Business Continuity
- Legal and Regulatory
- Professional Ethic
- Risk Management
- Asset Security
- Information Classification
- Handling Requirements
- Data Security Controls
- Protect Privacy
- Security Engineering
- Security Models
- Security Designs
- Engineering Processes
- Embedded Devices
- Site Design and Security
- Communication and Network Security
- Network Architecture Design
- Network Components
- Communication Channels
- Network Attacks
- Identity and Access Management
- Physical and Logical Assets Control
- Identification and Authentication
- Third-Party Identity Services
- Identity as a Service
- Provisioning Lifecycle
- Authorization Mechanisms
- Security Assessment and Testing
- Assessment and Test Strategies
- Test Outputs
- Security Control Testing
- Security Process Data
- Security Architectures
- Security Operations
- Foundational Security Operations Concepts
- Logging, Monitoring and Investigating Activities
- Provisioning of Resources
- Management Processes
- Physical Security
- Preventative Measures
- Business Continuity
- Software Development Security
- Security in the Software Development Lifecycle
- Development Environment Security Controls
- Software Security Effectiveness
- Software Security Impact