Cloud technologies in personal and business environments have risen and continue to grow in prominence in the technology world. More and more employees are using cloud platforms, which drives the need for knowledgeable individuals to use and make decisions regarding cloud technologies.
This course introduces technical and non-technical individuals to core cloud computing concepts and helps prepare learners to pass the CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ certification successfully. It is the only internationally recognized, vendor-neutral certification dedicated to cloud concepts.
This course offers enrollment with or without a voucher. The voucher is prepaid access to sit for the certifying exam upon eligibility. Proctor fees may apply, which are not included.Instructor(s):
Jeff Rees has over 25 years of experience in the IT industry. Jeff's expertise covers a wide range of technical skills in the field of immersive technology, such as virtual reality, augmented reality, spatial computing, and holograms. He manages, creates, and delivers high-quality augmented and virtual reality technology experiences that enhance knowledge retention and engagement for learners. Jeff capitalizes on his multifaceted technical knowledge with his passion for implementing immersive solutions, which has given him a proven track record of producing one-of-a-kind solutions for clients. Jeff has previously served as a senior vice president of operations, chief technology officer, and technical director for diverse technology companies. Jeff has also taught numerous computer courses during his career. Jeff holds a bachelor's degree from DeVry University in Computer Sciences with an emphasis in Simulation Design.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ Study Guide
Please Note: You will receive a digital book if the physical book is on backorder.
- Introduction and Welcome
- Lecture 1: Introducing Cloud Essentials
- Cloud Principles and Design
- Basic Cloud Principles
- Cloud Computing Define
- Virtualization and the Cloud
- Services Modules
- Deployment Models
- Characteristics of Clouds
- Redundancy & High Availability
- Cloud Networking and Storage
- Introduction to Networking
- Early Examples of the Cloud
- Connecting to the Cloud
- Cloud Networking Part I
- Cloud Networking Part II
- As-a-Service Models
- Introduction to Cloud Storage Technologies
- Types of Cloud StorageFeatures of Cloud StorageCloud vs Outsourcing
- Assessing Cloud Needs
- Cloud Assessment First Steps
- Is the Cloud for Your Company?
- Cloud Assessment Feasibility Studies
- Identity Management
- Private vs. Public Cloud
- Cloud Applications and Data Analytics
- The Cloud and Applications
- Marketing and Subscription Plans, and other Services
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Engaging Cloud Vendors
- Understanding Business and Financial Concepts
- Human Capital and Services
- Evaluating Cloud Vendors
- Cloud Vendors
- Engaging Cloud Vendors
- Steps after Requests
- Negotiating Contracts and Billing
- Choosing a Migration Approach
- Lecture: Migrating Applications
- Management and Technical Operations
- Management Clients and Data Management
- ITIL and the Cloud
- Availability and Resource Types
- Monitoring/Visibility and Optimization
- Successful Deployment Steps
- DevOps in Cloud Environments
- Testing and Configuration Management
- Deploying the Cloud
- API integration and Financial Planning
- Financial Planning Continued
- Governance and Risk
- Risk Management Concepts
- Impact on IT
- Classification and Ownership Risk Response Practices
- Risk Response Practices
- Challenges and Risks
- Documentation and Vendor Risks
- Policy and Procedures
- Organizational Requirements
- Security Policies
- Access and Control Policies
- Compliance and Security in the Cloud
- Data Sovereignty and Regulatory Concerns
- Industry Specific Standards
- International Standards
- Threat and Vulnerabilities
- Security Assessments
- Direct Costs and Cost Allocations
- Data Security and Confidentiality
- Integrity, Availability, and Application Security
- Lecture: Maintaining Strategic Flexibility