Build your knowledge and confidence with easy-to-understand examples and plenty of skill-building exercises. So, whether you just want to try it out to see if you like it or plan on doing more with Java, this is a great place to start!
This course uses the latest release of Java, from Oracle, the company that maintains and supports the language. You will also learn how to use BlueJ, a graphical development environment designed especially for students. Both are free and open-source products and you will receive instructions on how to download and install them. By the time you're done, you will be comfortable with Java programming and ready for more!Instructor(s):
Alan Simpson is an award-winning author, having published over 100 books on computers and the Internet. His books have been published in over a dozen language worldwide. He has covered virtually all aspects of the computer industry, including web development, operating systems, programming, networking, and security. As a seasoned veteran of the computer industry, he is widely regarded as a computer and Internet guru.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Linux can also be used.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- The most recent versions of the Java Development Kit (JDK) and BlueJ. Download and installation instructions will be available in the course.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
What is Java?
Working With Objects
Installing the SDK
Your First Java Program
Working with Browsers
Lines and Rectangles
Ovals and Semicircles
Working with Images