This course will prepare you for CompTIA A+ certification. You can earn this certification after you pass two exams. The CompTIA A+ Certification Exam 220-1101, covers mobile devices, networking technology, hardware, virtualization and cloud computing and network troubleshooting. The CompTIA A+ Certification Exam 220-1102 covers installing and configuring operating systems, expanded security, software troubleshooting, and operational procedures.
CompTIA™ A+ Certification is vendor neutral and internationally recognized, giving you a competitive advantage no matter what country you're working in and what hardware you're working with.
This course offers enrollment with or without vouchers. The vouchers are prepaid access to sit for the certifying CompTIA™ certification exams (CompTIA 220-1101 and 220-1102) upon completion of the course and eligibility. This course offers enrollment with or without vouchers.Instructor(s):
Andrew Beal has over 10 years of experience in the IT Industry. Mr. Beal is an IT professional and instructor who holds a bachelor's degree in Information Technology from Franklin University. He started his IT career as a help desk intern and, while tutoring computer science courses, discovered a passion and talent for teaching. Andrew is currently employed as an IT instructor, managing multiple courses that focus on Computer Hardware, Computer Networking, and Cyber Security. In addition to his teaching position, Mr. Beal works one-on-one with students to ensure their preparation for CompTIA examinations.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac. Mac users are encouraged to have access to a Windows environment on their device.
- PC: Windows 10 or later. Access to Windows 11 is needed for the textbook module "Installing Windows".
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- A+ Guide to IT Technical Support
Please note: You will receive a digital book if the physical book is on backorder.
- CompTIA A+ (220-1001)
- Desktop Assembly
- Laptop Assembly
- Hardware Part II
- Cooling and Power
- Hard Drives
- Storage Devices
- Supporting Devices
- Installing Devices
- Network Connections
- Router Setup
- Local Networking
- Mobile and More
- Mobile Devices
- Mobile Device Security
- CompTIA A+ (220-1002)
- Windows Interfaces and Tools
- Additional Interfaces and Tools
- Windows Installation
- Additional Installations
- Command Lines & Remote Desktop
- Solving Problems
- Solving Additional Problems
- Boot Process & Startup
- Re-installing & Common Issues
- Securing Windows
- Sharing Windows Resources
- Securing Resources
- Malicious Software & Best Practices
- Mac & Linux