The best time to pursue CompTIA Cloud+ training is right now. Cloud computing is a growing field as experts create innovative ways to store, manage, access, and protect some of the world's most important data. The global cloud computing market is projected to reach $270 billion by 2020. This impressive industry growth is increasing the demand for professionals with cloud computing skills. This online course is designed for individuals who are just starting out in information technology.
Curious how difficult the course is? It's actually ideal for those who have limited experience. You'll learn everything you need to pass the certification exam and pursue a career in cloud computing, starting with the basics of cloud service environments. This course covers key concepts and skills, including virtualization, infrastructure, troubleshooting, resource management, security, systems management, and business continuity.
Incorporating visual, auditory, and hands-on learning, the course is aligned with the highly regarded CompTIA Cloud+ certification. It includes applied learning activities to ensure you gain a working knowledge of the concepts taught, as well as the ability to implement them in real-life situations.
After completing the course, you will be prepared for the CompTIA™ Cloud+ CV0-003 Certification designation. This course offers enrollment with or without a voucher. The voucher is prepaid access to sit for the certifying exam upon eligibility.Instructor(s):
Jeff Rees has over 25 years of experience in the IT industry. Jeff's expertise covers a wide range of technical skills in the field of immersive technology, such as virtual reality, augmented reality, spatial computing, and holograms. He manages, creates, and delivers high-quality augmented and virtual reality technology experiences that enhance knowledge retention and engagement for learners. Jeff capitalizes on his multifaceted technical knowledge with his passion for implementing immersive solutions, which has given him a proven track record of producing one-of-a-kind solutions for clients. Jeff has previously served as a senior vice president of operations, chief technology officer, and technical director for diverse technology companies. Jeff has also taught numerous computer courses during his career. Jeff holds a bachelor's degree from DeVry University in Computer Sciences with an emphasis in Simulation Design.
- This course can be taken on either a PC, Mac, or Chromebook.
- Mac users are encouraged to have access to a Windows environment on their device.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Microsoft Word Online
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- CompTIA Cloud+ Study Guide
Please Note: You will receive a digital book if the physical book is on backorder.
- Cloud Concepts and Models
- Contrasting Cloud Services
- Contrasting Cloud Delivery Models
- Cloud Characteristics and Terms
- Object Storage Concepts
- Differences in Hypervisor Roles
- Install, Configure, and Manage Virtual Machines and Devices
- Virtual Resource Migration
- Benefits of Virtualization in a Cloud Environment
- Virtual Components Used to Construct Cloud Environments
- Storage Technologies
- Storage Configuration Concepts
- Storage Provisioning
- Network Configuration
- Network Optimization
- Troubleshooting Basic Network Connectivity Issues
- Common Network Protocols, Ports, and Topologies
- Hardware Resources and Features Used to Enable Virtual Environments
- Resource Management
- Resource Monitoring Techniques
- Best Practice for Appropriate Allocation of Physical Host Resources
- Best Practice for Appropriate Allocation of Virtual Guest Resources
- Appropriate Remote Access Tools
- Network Security Concepts, Tools and Best Practices
- Storage Security Concepts, Tools and Best Practices
- Encryption Technologies and Methods
- Identifying Access Control Methods
- Implementing Guest and Host Hardening Techniques
- Systems Management
- Policies and Procedures in a Cloud Environment
- Diagnose Remediate, and Optimize Physical Host Performance
- Host and Guest Performance Concepts
- Implement Appropriate Testing Techniques when Deploying Cloud Services
- Business Continuity in the Cloud
- Disaster Recovery Methods and Concepts
- Deploying Solutions to Meet Availability Requirements