If you want an exciting career helping others achieve their fitness goals, start with this NASM Certified Personal Trainer and Exam Preparation course. It's a unique online course that prepares you for the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) exam. The NCCA-accredited NASM personal trainer certification is one of the most respected in the health and fitness industry. Start with this prep course to become a certified personal trainer (CPT) and reach your career goals.
This course gives you the most extensive resources available to successfully pass the widely respected NASM CPT exam. Through the use of online videos, presentations, quizzes, readings, and interactive activities, you will receive thorough guidance and gain understanding of CPT content, as well as the knowledge needed to successfully sit for the exam.
If you're thinking about studying for your personal trainer certification online, this course is an excellent way to do so. It includes exam preparation and all study materials, as well as the certification exam fee, and you will gain the knowledge, skills, and abilities you need to become a successful NASM personal trainer.Instructor(s):
This is not an instructor facilitated course; however, support will be provided through email, online forms, and phone.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.10 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- NASM Essentials of Personal Fitness Training
- You''ll also receive access to practice exams and study materials, to help you prepare for your certification exam. A robust set of resources will be also be available to you such as videos, presentations, readings, quizzes, and activities.
Please Note: You will receive a digital book if the physical book is on backorder.
- Professional Development and Responsibility
- Modern State of Health and Fitness
- The Personal Training Profession
- Client Relations and Behavioral Coaching
- Psychology of Exercise
- Behavioral Coaching
- Basic and Applied Sciences and Nutritional Concepts
- Nervous, Skeletal, and Muscular Systems
- Cardiorespiratory, Endocrine, and Digestive Systems
- Human Movement Science
- Exercise Metabolism and Bioenergetics
- Health, Wellness, and Fitness Assessments
- Posture, Movement, and Performance Assessments
- Exercise Technique and Training Instruction
- Integrated Training and the OPT Model
- Flexibility Training Concepts
- Cardiorespiratory Training Concepts
- Core Training Concepts
- Balance Training Concepts
- Plyometric (Reactive) Training Concepts
- Speed, Agility, and Quickness Training Concepts
- Resistance Training Concepts
- Program Design
- The Optimum Performance Training Model
- Introduction to Exercise Modalities
- Chronic Health Conditions and Special Populations