Do you have a knack for tinkering and fixing things with your hands? Are you looking for a career where you can do what you love every day? This online course includes an intensive overview of the skills required for manufacturing maintenance, including the principles of power transfer and rigging safety as well as PLCs and robotics, and will provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to begin a successful career.
A Maintenance Technician is required to have a thorough understanding of how machines and systems function to keep them running without breakdowns and maintain service for their expected lifespan and beyond. You will learn about workholding, math, inspection, safety, machining, quality, grinding, electrical systems, automation, mechanical systems, motor controls, rigging, and fluid systems as you prepare for your new career as a Maintenance Technician.Instructor(s):
This is not an instructor facilitated course; however, support will be provided through email, online forms, and phone.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.