An important way you can demonstrate your knowledge and skillset to potential employers in information technology is through CompTIA certifications. The A+, Network+, and Security+ credentials are the best CompTIA certifications to have in order to jumpstart or advance your IT career. If you're interested in the often flexible and well-paid opportunities of IT and cyber security jobs, get started today with CompTIA certification training.
This course will prepare you for three CompTIA IT certifications that are ideal for entry-level and mid-level professionals: A+, Network+ and Security+. The CompTIA certifications are the most-recognized, vendor-neutral credentials in the industry, and will assure employers that you have the skills they need.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be prepared to sit for the following exams: CompTIA™ A+ Exams 220-1101 and 220-1102, CompTIA™ Network+ Exam N10-008, and CompTIA™ Security+ Exam SY0-601. This course offers enrollment with or without vouchers. The vouchers are prepaid access to sit for the certifying exams upon eligibility.
At the end of this CompTIA training, you'll also be proficient in basic cybersecurity concepts such as attacks and mitigation, security applications, risk assessment, disaster recovery and incident response, cloud computing, mobile devices, BYOD and SCADA, in addition to vulnerability assessment.Instructor(s):
Andrew Beal has over 10 years of experience in the IT Industry. Mr. Beal is an IT professional and instructor who holds a bachelor's degree in Information Technology from Franklin University. He started his IT career as a help desk intern and, while tutoring computer science courses, discovered a passion and talent for teaching. Andrew is currently employed as an IT instructor, managing multiple courses that focus on Computer Hardware, Computer Networking, and Cyber Security. In addition to his teaching position, Mr. Beal works one-on-one with students to ensure their preparation for CompTIA examinations.
Jeff Rees has over 25 years of experience in the IT industry. Jeff's expertise covers a wide range of technical skills in the field of immersive technology, such as virtual reality, augmented reality, spatial computing, and holograms. He manages, creates, and delivers high-quality augmented and virtual reality technology experiences that enhance knowledge retention and engagement for learners. Jeff capitalizes on his multifaceted technical knowledge with his passion for implementing immersive solutions, which has given him a proven track record of producing one-of-a-kind solutions for clients. Jeff has previously served as a senior vice president of operations, chief technology officer, and technical director for diverse technology companies. Jeff has also taught numerous computer courses during his career. Jeff holds a bachelor's degree from DeVry University in Computer Sciences with an emphasis in Simulation Design.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac, but macOS users are encouraged to have access to a Windows environment on their device.
- The Online Lab System is compatible with both Windows and macOS. You will be provided detailed instructions for setting-up a home virtual lab system.
- PC: Windows 10 or later. Access to Windows 11 is needed for the A+ lesson on "Installing Windows".
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- A+ Guide to IT Technical Support
- CompTIA Security+ Guide to Network Security Fundamentals
- Network+ Guide to Networks
Please note: You will receive a digital book if the physical book is on backorder.
- CompTIA™ A+ 220-1001
- Hardware Part II
- Mobile and More
- CompTIA™ A+ 220-1002
- Mac & Linux
- CompTIA™ Network+ N10-007
- Foundations of Networking and Infrastructure
- Addressing, Protocols, and Routing
- Cabling and Wireless Networking
- Virtualization and the Cloud, Subnets, and VLANs
- Risk Management and Security
- Network Performance and WANs
- CompTIA™ Security+ SY0-601
- Security Foundations
- Security and Protection
- Security and Networks
- Enterprise Security