As Continuing & Professional Education is a self-supporting department of Columbus State University, we rely on student registration fees to cover operational costs. If you must withdraw from a course, please notify us by 5 PM at least 5 business days before the camp begins.
Morning Camps: 8:00am - 12:00 pm and Afternoon Camps: 1:00pm – 5:00pm
If your child will be here before 7:45 or after 5:15, you must sign your child up for available Before and After Care. We will be enforcing a sign-in/out policy to ensure the safety of campers.
- Activ8 Academy, Activ8er and BeTween2Teen camps are housed in the Elizabeth Bradley Turner Center on CSU Main Campus. Campers must be dropped off and picked up at the Turner Center. Campers attending camps being held at the Recreation Center (Athletics) will be escorted by our staff from Turner Center to other locations, as needed. Before/After Care programs are available for these programs. See Before/After Care on page 1 for more information.
- Athletic camps are held at various locations according to the camp.
- Drop off and pick up is available at the Center for Commerce and Technology for some iTech camps. You will receive more information upon registration. See camp listings for location for your camp. Campers must be dropped off and picked up at the designated camp location. Before/After programs are available for these programs (with exception of golf programs). See Before/After Care on page 1 for more information.
- CSU Dance Conservatory camps and summer classes are held at the Rankin Arts Center in Uptown Columbus. Campers must be dropped off and picked up at that location.
- Coca-Cola Space Science Center camps are held at the Coca-Cola Space Science Center. No Before/ After Care is available for these camps.
- Music camps will be held at the Schwob School of Music located downtown on Broadway. No Before/ After Care is available for these camps.
- Academy camps - child must be in a rising Kindergarten or 4.5 years old.
- Activ8ers camps - child must be going to the 3rd grade.
- Between2Teen camps - child must be going to the 6th grade.
Safety is our number one concern for your children. All of our employees have passed criminal background checks. At no point in our schedule will your child be left unsupervised. Our program aides go through comprehensive training and will be on campus before, between, and just after classes begin to help direct children to their camps.
All supplies are included with the cost of Activ8 camps unless specified otherwise.
When our classes fill up, we will put you on our waiting list. If there is an opening, you will be notified. Avoid missing a camp by registering early!
Waivers are now a part of the registration process. Please be sure to fill out all required information on the Emergency Contact pop up screen. A copy of the waiver is viewable at checkout in the refund policy link. Terms and Conditions must be electronically signed at checkout. You will also receive a copy of the waiver in your confirmation email. If you have any questions concerning our waiver or Terms & Conditions, please give us a call at 706-507-8070.
If your child is going to be absent or late, please call the front desk at 706.507.5070 to let us know.
We welcome all children to our program and make our best effort to accommodate everyone. If your child has special needs, please let us know one week prior to your child attending camp.
When filling out your child’s waiver online during the registration process, please make sure to include all medical information that would be relevant and important for our staff to know. If there are special health needs, please contact our Activ8 Coordinator at 706.507.8365.
In case of bad weather (i.e. heavy rain, lightning or tornadoes,) we will keep all children indoors until the weather has passed and the staff has been authorized to go back outside. For the safety of your child, we ask that you allow inclement weather to pass before coming to find your child. Our staff will make sure all children get to their destinations once authorization has been received. Please send an umbrella or poncho with your child if the weather requires it.
Pre-registration is preferred for all camps. If you have not pre-registered for your child’s camp prior to the start date, you must register in person at the Elizabeth Bradley Turner Center on the CSU main campus before you drop your child off at camp.
If you choose to withdraw from a camp, you must contact us before 5pm on the Monday prior to the start of the camp to get a full refund minus a $20 processing fee. If you withdraw between Tuesday and Friday, you will receive a 50% refund. If you withdraw between Saturday-Monday, you will have the option to transfer to another camp or receive a credit voucher. No refunds after a camp begins. We reserve the right to cancel a camp due to insufficient registrations and will notify you before the start date to issue a refund or transfer your child to another camp. If a minor exhibits COVID-19 symptoms, tests positive for COVID-19, or is directed to quarantine in accordance with CDC/GA-DPH guidelines, then a credit for future programs will be issued. This credit expires 18 months from date of issue. Please allow 10 to 14 business days for refunds to be processed back to your card or 15 to 20 days for check refunds.
* Camps may have material fees included in the class cost. Discounts are not applied to material fees.
- FULL SUMMER REGISTRATION DISCOUNT
Activ8 is offering a 5% discount to anyone who registers for the entire summer. In order to be eligible for the discount, campers must be enrolled in all 10-weeks of camp for morning and afternoon. Camps fill early so be sure to sign up now. Please contact the Continuing & Professional Education Registration Desk at 706.507.8070 for more information on how to obtain this discount.
- OPEN HOUSE DISCOUNT
There is a 5% discount when registering your child for Activ8 on April 15, 2022. Please check your our social media sites and your personal email to receive special discount promo code.
Lunch supervision is included in the cost of the camp for all age groups. Student must bring their own lunch! We kindly request that lunches not include energy drinks or any nut related food items. Please notify us of any allergies, dietary concerns, or restrictions your child may have. If your child is attending an athletic camp in the morning, afternoon, or both, Cougar Athletic Lunch Supervision will need to be purchased. Cost is additional $5 per week.
- Constant staff supervision and escort to and from camps
- If you will be dropping your child off before 7:45am or picking up after 5:15pm, your child must be registered for Before and After Care.
- BEFORE CARE – 7 to 8am for EBTC campers. Cougar Athletics Before Care is 7 to 9am.
- AFTER CARE – 5 to 6pm for EBTC campers. Cougar Athletics After Care is from 4 to 6pm.
- Before and After Care is not offered for CSU Youth Dance Conservatory, Coca-Cola Space Science Center, or Schwob School of Music.
- Your child can be dropped off or picked up anytime during these hours.
- Drop off and Pick up only in designated areas at EBTC.
- Students who are not promptly picked up at the end of After Care will be charged $5 for each additional 5 minutes of lateness.
- FEES: Before Care is $15 and After Care is $15. Register for Before and After Care for $20. Cougar Athletics Before Care is $30 and After Care is $30. Register for Cougar Athletics Before and After Care for $50.
There are no scholarships or financial aid available at this time for Activ8 Camps. However, Coca Cola Space Science is offering a competitive scholarship for their camps this year. Visit www.ccssc.org to apply.
Because we want Activ8 to be a safe and fun environment for learning, we ask campers to be attentive to instructors and staff, engage in activities, and respect others' privacy and safety. Inappropriate behavior by a camper will be redirected towards proper behavior by the camp instructor/aide. If inappropriate behavior continues, a parent or guardian will be notified and the camper may be asked to leave the program. Dangerous behavior, such as fighting, is grounds for immediate dismissal. Please review our Code of Conduct policy on the Activ8 home page.
You can inquire about lost and found items at check in or check out of the location of your child's camp. Please be sure to label your camper's belongings. Lost and found items not claimed by the end of the summer will be donated. Activ8 staff is not responsible for camper's possessions that are damaged, lost, or stolen.