An increasing number of companies are turning to robotics as a means for increased production. Robots have an impressive range of applications, from "pick and place" for packaging, to welding, painting, or inspecting parts immediately after a process. However, robots are not foolproof; they require effective preventive maintenance to ensure they operate at full capacity. If a robot malfunctions, an experienced maintenance professional must know how to troubleshoot the exact cause.
This Robotics Technician course provides an intensive overview of the skills needed in the robotics industry. You will learn math, safety, quality, electrical systems, automation, mechanical systems, fluid systems, and rigging to be on your way to a successful career as a robotics technician.Instructor(s):
This is not an instructor facilitated course; however, support will be provided through email, online forms, and phone.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.