Together, travel and tourism make up one of the world's largest industries. While some travelers manage to book their own trips, travel agents still play a major role in luxury, corporate, and group travel. With the industry positioned to grow, there's never been a better time to train to become a travel agent. This online course will prepare you to work in the fast-paced travel industry. You will gain a deep understanding of both travel and tourism, so you can help clients research, plan, and book their trips.Instructor(s):
Helene K. Liatsos
Helene K. Liatsos is a consultant for small businesses, travel agencies, and home-based business startups with more than 25 years of experience. Along with a successful career in the travel industry, working with airlines, hotels, and travel agencies, Helene established her own business management company, Home Office Management Experts, and was awarded the 2004 Home-Based Business of the Year by the U.S. Small Business Administration. As a QuickBooks Certified Advisor, she provides bookkeeping, payroll and QuickBooks training services. She holds a Bachelor of Arts from Fairleigh Dickinson University.
- This course can be taken on either a PC, Mac, or Chromebook.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- Travel Career Development and accompanying workbook
- Exploring the World, Geography for the Travel Professional and accompanying workbook
Please Note: You will receive a digital book if the physical book is on backorder.